Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Moving forward: Fired up, ready to go!


Barack Obama / One voice can change the world.

"One voice can change a room. And if it can change a room, it can change a city. And if it can change a city, it can change a state. And if it can change a state, it can change a nation. And if it can change a nation, it can change the world."

~ President Barack Obama, from his final 2012 campaign speech in Des Moines, Iowa, on Monday night, November 5, 2012

I woke up this morning on our nation's Election Day feeling hopeful and inspired. Fired up, ready to go!

I voted ~ and, I've been encouraging all of my friends through social media via Facebook of the importance to get out and perform their civic duty and to vote their conscience today. Using our voice to speak out by exercising the right to vote is one of great tenets of our American democratic society.

This is an important Presidential election for the future of our country and it has Americans engaged for many different reasons. And, it has also caught the attention of my Facebook friends in Europe, Asia and North Africa, who are keenly following today's election outcome with hope and patience for a brighter future.

I am supporting the re-election of our President, Barack Obama, because he best represents what I support: Equal rights for women, children, minorities, and gays and lesbians; a strong and improving economy; sound environmental protection; and an end to the foreign wars our troops are currently engaged in. I believe President Obama's vision for America provides our country with the best hope for its future.

I'm fired up and ready to move forward. I hope everyone will join me. Our work is not done.

Indeed, one voice can change the world.

Image of Barack and Michelle Obama courtesy of Barack Obama official Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment