|Jon's Street Eats:|
the ultimate gourmet food cart
This summer, Jon's Street Eats can be found most weekday afternoons from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (or when the food runs out) in an office park at the busy corner of Hollis St. and Stanford Ave. in Emeryville. (It also has a regular street date for lunch on Fridays in Alameda and for dinner on Saturday evenings in Oakland on trendy Piedmont Ave.). It even provides a few tables and chairs and umbrella stands for patrons who wish to enjoy their dining experience al fresco.
|A recent menu at|
Jon's Street Eats
Additionally, sourcing from local, natural and sustaining producers is a serious deal with Jon's Street Eats, and much of the packaging and utensils used is compostable, which is appealing to the socially responsible and eco-conscious clientele that Jon's Street Eats attracts.
On a recent Thursday, my wife and I treated ourselves to a Jon's Street Eats lunch ~ and, simply, it was good, fresh and delicious. We even got lucky by scoring a covered table in the shade that enhanced our experience.
The menu, posted on Jon's Street Eats Twitter feed and on a grease board propped against the portable kitchen truck, on the day we went included:
* Cuban sandwiches, consisting of house-cured ham and pickles, with mojo marinated pork, Swiss cheese and Dijon mustard, pressed in a sweet roll ($8.00).
* Grilled cheese sandwiches, consisting of house-pulled mozzarella with a tomato jam and basil, pressed between two slices of pan de mei; served with an herbed side salad ($7.00).
* Grilled corn, slathered in a lime aioli and dusted in chili flakes and shaved grana ($3.00).
* Melon salad, consisting of canari and honeydew melon tossed with olive oil, chili flakes, cotija and arugula ($4.00).
* Dulce de leche ice cream ($3.00).
|Jon's Street Eats has a big social |
media following. It posts its menu
updates on Twitter, where it has
nearly 1,500 followers.
You can follow
Jon's Street Eats at:
While Jon's Street Eats is among the most visible traveling kitchens in Emeryville, there are others worth noting that operate on a regular schedule, including: Seoul on Wheels (Korean BBQ), Liba Falafel Truck (falafel) and CupKates (cupcakes). Each has a loyal and devoted customer following.
|A fast, fresh, quality gourmet meal|
"There's something quite nice about frequenting a new place for the first time, and having the 'luxury' to actually converse and get to know your cooks personally..."
"I had the Grits & Greens, it was wonderfully prepared creamy polenta, grilled kale, a soft-boiled egg with cheese to garnish. The portion was perfect and (Jon's Street Eats) certainly has a following. I'll be back."
While every week is a different taste treat at Jon's Street Eats, one thing is certain: you will be treated to a fast, fresh, quality gourmet meal. Bon appetit!